The WhatsApp Business API is a potent tool created to assist companies in reaching out to customers on a large scale. Customers can receive automated communications from businesses such as shipping updates, appointment reminders, and order confirmations. WhatsApp Business API is an application programming interface with no front-end interface or app. It is designed for mid-size to large companies that want to use WhatsApp with a large number of users at the same time. In this article, we will learn how to get Whatsapp Business API.
What is Whatsapp Business API?
The WhatsApp Business API is a potent tool created to assist companies in reaching out to customers on a large scale. This platform is for medium to large businesses looking to scale engagement of audiences, accelerate sales and drive better customer support outcomes. The business owners can use the app to communicate one-on-one with the customers throughout their purchase process, so they can shop with confidence.
What is the cost of Whatsapp business API?
WhatsApp offers its Business API as a free scalable marketing tool for mid and large businesses. Its messages are charged per session in a conversation-based pricing model. The pricing depends on the business size. The details can be obtained from the sales team.
When should you take WhatsApp Business API?
We should take WhatsApp Business API when
- You need to interact effectively with your huge consumer base.
- you want to offer customer service on WhatsApp.
- You want to use WhatsApp to automate your sales and marketing procedures.
- To reach your customers with promotional messages, you want to use WhatsApp.
What is the difference between Whatsapp Business App And Whatsapp
Following is the difference between WhatsApp Business App and WhatsApp Business API.
|WhatsApp Business||WhatsApp Business API|
|Definition||Designed for small businesses with a limited number of customer queries per day||WhatsApp Business API helps large businesses handle a large number of customer support requests per day|
|Broadcasting Limit||Unlimited users per day (opt-in required)||256 contacts (opt-out available)|
|Multi-user access||Up to 5 users (one user logged in at a time)||Unlimited users|
|Install chatbots||Yes (requires technical expertise)||Yes (easier to install and manage)|
|Automated messaging||Limited automated messaging capabilities||Wide range of automated messaging capabilities|
|Broadcast Reaches||All users (must have saved your phone number)||Users who have opted in to receive messages from you|
|Verified green tick||Yes||No|
|Clickable messages||Yes (limited types of buttons)||Yes (wider range of buttons, including links, quick replies, and product catalogs)|
How to get Whatsapp Business API in 2023?
The WhatsApp Business API is a potent tool that may assist companies of all sizes in more productive and effective client communication. WhatsApp Business API is a fantastic solution to think about if you’re looking for a way to enhance customer communication.
Once we have WhatsApp Business API, we can use it to automate our marketing and sales procedures as well as communicate with our consumers by sending and receiving messages.
To get WhatsApp Business API ourselves, business owners must follow these steps.
- The business must be verified on Facebook Business Manager have a WhatsApp Business account and have a phone number that can receive SMS messages. We must also provide a detailed description of the operations and the types of messages we plan to send.
- We can apply for access to WhatsApp Business API through the official website for that we need to provide basic business information and detailed information about the operations. WhatsApp uses the information to verify that the business is legitimate and meets the requirements to use WhatsApp Business API.
- You will need to choose a Business Solution Provider(BSP) in order to access and use the API.
- After the approval of the application, we need to activate the WhatsApp Business API account via the Facebook Business Manager platform.
- After the account is activated, we can integrate WhatsApp Business API with business systems, such as CRM or customer support platform which will allow us to send and receive WhatsApp messages directly from our business systems.
To get WhatsApp Business API through a business partner, we must follow these rules.
- We need a phone number to set up a WhatsApp Business API account. Any partner can allow you to port an existing phone number, to receive calls or SMS. We have to make sure that the number is not connected to another WhatsApp Business account or WhatsApp API account, to avoid any conflict.
- WhatsApp has a Commerce policy, which we will need to adhere to before applying for a WhatsApp API. WhatsApp will review our application, as well as our Display Name, which should ideally match the legal name under which the business is registered.
- We need to provide a few documents and complete our Business verification in the Facebook Business Manager. This process usually takes a few working days.
- After the verification we have a WhatsApp API account, we need to obtain a WhatsApp API key and connect it to a business software of our choice. We can use different API providers to get our API Account set up.
What If your Application is rejected for WhatsApp Business API?
If the application request has been denied, it means that the Whatsapp team has carefully reviewed our account, and our account is not eligible for the account at this time. The business can reapply in 30 days for the same.
In how much time does WhatsApp Business API get approved?
WhatsApp usually takes 3 to 7 days to approve a WhatsApp Business Account.
In conclusion, organisations aiming to improve consumer communication and engagement may find that securing access to the WhatsApp Business API in 2023 is a wise strategic choice. The technique described in this article may serve as a basic roadmap, but it’s crucial to remember that WhatsApp’s policies and practices are subject to change, and therefore accessing the API directly can still necessitate working with BSPs. The WhatsApp Business API is a potent tool that may assist companies of all sizes in more productive and effective client communication. WhatsApp Business API is a fantastic solution to think about if you’re looking for a way to enhance customer communication. You can start by submitting an application through the official website if you’re interested in receiving WhatsApp Business API. You must select a WhatsApp Business Solution Provider (BSP) and integrate the API with your company’s systems when your application has been approved.